Pledging to lower your foods waste includes better food scheduling.
Professional tip: When you have a journey coming up, it’s time to clear out the fridge.
When you are heading out to journey and will be away from house for a even though, it’s greatest to cook dinner from the fridge, freezer or pantry. Resist the urge to do much more grocery searching. Alternatively, get a search at what you have and use it up. That way, you leave at the rear of absolutely nothing to spoil though you are gone, and you will not via any food absent.
Use What You Have
I lately cleared out my fridge and came up with a plan:
- I experienced 50 percent a jar of pasta sauce, so prepared tortellini one evening with it.
- I ate the cooked leftovers as lunch.
- I had lettuce, onion, celery and some tomatoes, so I planned a massive tossed salad.
- I snacked on the remaining apples.
- I had some blueberries and greek yogurt, so I produced salad dressing with it.
Zero Waste Blueberry Balsamic Salad Dressing
I had leftover blueberries so I utilized them to make a salad dressing.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch salt
- ground pepper to flavor
Pulse blueberries, lime juice, yogurt, and vinegar in a food processor until eventually blended
Insert the olive oil and blend.
Period to style with salt and pepper, and pulse again until clean and creamy.