Just one pot orzo with tomato sauce & calamari
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 400g chopped tomatoes in tin
- ½ cup basil leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon carob syrup or agave + ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 250g medium whole wheat orzo
- 1kg calamari rings ( 500gr chopped in 3 cm pieces and 500gr in rings)
- Salt pepper
- 2 cups scorching h2o
- 2-3 tablespoons basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large cooking pot around medium-higher warmth.
- Increase the minced garlic and cook for a minute stirring with a picket spoon. Insert the chopped tomatoes from the tin and stir. Insert half of the chopped basil, vinegar, carob, honey, onion powder & stir.
- Include calamari pieces and rings, stir and prepare dinner for 2-3 minutes.
- Minimize warmth to medium. Stir in the orzo and cook for a moment, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the very hot water minimal by minor stirring frequently with a wood spoon. The orzo will take in it quickly. It will take about 15 minutes for the orzo to cook dinner this way and come to be al dente. Not too gentle when you chunk it. Incorporate the rest of the chopped basil leaves.
- So, the moment you have stirred in all the drinking water and the orzo has cooked to al dente, acquire the pot off the heat and allow stand for a couple minutes. The additional orzo sits the far more it absorbs the sauce so will not stress if the sauce doesn’t seem as thick. It will get there even if it is really taken out from the heat.
- Provide orzo with lots of freshly ground pepper, drizzle with olive oil on leading with basil leaves.
(Visited 403 periods, 3 visits nowadays)