15 minute vegan meals that are actually healthy? Yes, it can be done! None of these easy vegan recipes take more than 15 minutes, including quick vegan dinners, easy healthy breakfasts and even 15 minute desserts! And they feature a ton of whole plant foods, meaning that they’re nutrient-dense and good for you too.
If you ask this dietitian, one of the most powerful things you can do for your health isn’t a detox or ditching gluten, it’s cooking for yourself at home. Why? Because when you cook at home, you generally eat more fibre, more plant-based protein and definitely more veggies. You’ll also save a bunch of money. Which is why I share simple plant-based recipes on this website…to help you feel your best and LOVE what you eat!
But I know that sometimes, time is really tight, so I wanted to round up this list of healthy 15 minute vegan meals because they’re faster than takeout…and better for you too! And if you’re looking for more recipes, pick up a copy of my books Eat More Plants and Good For Your Gut.
Use this table of contents to jump to the 15 minute vegan meal you’re looking for and get cooking! And I’ve got some advice on how to pull together 15 minute vegan meals on your own, below!
Dietitian Tips for Making Healthy 15 Minute Meals
I REALLY love to eat. I love flavourful, exciting meals. So when I tell you that not everything you make has to be the taste experience of your life, know that it comes from a real food lover.
Why am I telling you this? Because I think we put a ton of pressure on ourselves to make every meal so special that we end up not cooking for ourselves, which is a huge mistake. Sometimes, it can just be quick and kinda tasty. Life is super hectic for most of us and getting a home cooked meal on the table means chilling out a bit and working with the time and energy you have. So let’s make the most of it, shall we?
- If it fits the budget, lean on prepared fresh items like pre-washed greens, slaw mixes, cherry tomatoes, baby potatoes, precut veggies. Less washing, less chopping, more eating!
- Don’t forget frozen: corn, peas, edamame, chopped squash or kale are all super nutritious and shave tons of time off prep.
- Canned is fantastic: canned beans and tomatoes, canned artichoke hearts or jarred sun-dried tomatoes, olives and roasted red peppers are handy (and flavourful!) meal helpers
- Use fast plant-based proteins like canned beans, smoked tofu or premartinated tempeh.
- Lean on quicker whole grains such as whole wheat tortillas, sprouted grain bread, whole wheat spaghetti, quinoa, millet or parboiled barley. All take 15 minutes or less to prep.
- Think fast food: pastas, salads with a protein, toast with toppers, wraps, bowls.
- The way to change it up to avoid boredom? Sauces and spices. My faves? Vegan mayo, Dijon mustard, Valentina’s hot sauce, vegan pesto, hummus, harissa…too many to name! For spices, cumin, curry powder, chili powder, turmeric, garlic powder and onion powder will give you a good basic flavour pantry.
25+ (Healthy!) 15-minute Vegan Meals
Quick Vegan Breakfasts
Starting your day with a healthy vegan breakfast that includes plenty of protein + fibre will help keep your energy on an even keel all morning long. Try these easy 15 minute vegan breakfast recipes you’ll want to make again and again! It’s faster than waiting in line at the coffee shop.
Vegan Breakfast Sandwich with Chickpea Flour Eggs
This vegan breakfast sandwich is packed with healthy, nourishing ingredients. Made with chickpea flour “eggs,” vegan cheese, spinach, sprouted grain bread, and more, this is an amazing savory plant-based breakfast. It’s quick and easy to make too — you just need 20 minutes!
Get the recipe
Easy Vegan Snacks
Plants are already the ultimate easy vegan snack: just grab a handful of veggies, nuts or a piece of fruit. But sometimes, you want something a little more, I get it. So try these easy vegan snacks, none of which take more than 15 minutes of hands on time.
These vegan, gluten free + low FODMAP breakfast cookies are SO delicious and make a truly nutrient-dense start to a busy day. Ready in just 30 minutes!
Get the recipe
15 Minute Vegan Lunches
These easy vegan lunches are just what you need to bust out of a lunch rut. Minimal cooking, plenty of plants, super delicious!
Easy 15 Minute Vegan Dinners
The secret to ditching your take out habit is a 15 minute vegan meal you’ll want to make again and again. I’ve got you covered!
Vegan 15 Minute Desserts
Healthy Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Nut Butter
This rich and creamy cashew + pecan butter, inspired by Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal takes just 6 ingredients and 15 minutes to make! Low in sugar, with a satisfying crunch, this healthy homemade nut butter will make you fall in love with mornings again.
Get the recipe
Healthy 15 Minute Meals: Mediterranean Hummus Toast
Looking for an easy, 15 minute lunch to keep you energized? This Mediterranean Hummus Toast is packed with plant-based protein and fibre to keep you going for hours. It takes just ten minutes to make but it feels special. This serves 2 as a standalone meal, or 4 with a side dish
- 4 slices your favourite bread, I love sprouted grain for extra protein + fibre
- 1⅓ cup your favourite store-bought hummus
- 1 package smoked tofu or tempeh, cut into 1 cm (½ in) cubes
- 3 large handfuls baby spinach
- ⅓ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry and thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- vegan mayo
- salt, to taste
- freshly cracked pepper, to taste
In a small bowl, stir sundried tomatoes into hummus. Set aside. Toast bread.
In a nonstick skillet just over medium heat, warm olive oil and then add tofu or tempeh cubes. Cook until golden brown on 2-3 sides, about 1-2 min a side. Add spinach and stir until just wilted. Remove from heat, season generously with salt and pepper.
Spread toast thinly with vegan mayo and then add 1/3 cup of hummus to each slice. Divide spinach – tempeh mixture between the toasts and top with olives.